This post may include affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you click one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows this site to keep running.
Since I quite failed with my goals for last year, why not give it another shot, eh? Yes, today I am sharing my goals that I intend to reach in 2017. I am quite disappointed with myself that I didn’t reach few personal goals that I aimed for last year but this year I am going to do everything I can to finally reach them. So here they are, 10 goals that I am aiming for!
- 60,000 pageviews. Last year I set 50,000 pageviews as a goal and I reached it according to Blogger statistics but with template changes, my Google Analytics code hasn’t worked about 3-4 months, so I don’t know the real number. However, I want to try and reach 60,000 pageviews by the end of the year in total. I have 30,000+ pageviews right now (GA stats), so basically I want to double them. I know that pageviews and all those stats are only numbers but those numbers make me happy in a way.
- Increase social media following: Twitter – 2k, Instagram – 1k, Pinterest – 300, Facebook – 100, Bloglovin’ – 600. I set some very unrealistic goals for myself last year but this time I tried to keep it real. If you want to help me reach my goal, feel free to follow me on all these social platforms.
- Join bloggers’ chats at least twice a month. I really enjoy these chats but either I am busy at the time when they ar happening or they don’t happen when I have time. I will try to get involved more in these chats as they are a great way to meet new bloggers and to gain some inspiration or motivation. Plus, they are really fun!
- Invest in photography equipment. I want to get a proper DSLR camera, lightening kit, few lenses and maybe take one or two courses. I love photography and I feel like there is so much to improve in my blogging photography. If you have any recommendations, hit me up!
- No less than 4 posts per month. My schedule got out of hand in autumn and winter. University takes up a lot of time, plus personal life activities. It seems like I don’t have enough time to blog nowadays and that is saddening because I love it so much. I won’t try to set a goal to post 2/3 times a week because I don’t know if I’ll be able to stick to it. I don’t want to neglect my blog anymore but I don’t want to promise anything to you or myself. I hate the feeling of disappointment.
- Get that driving license and get a freaking car. My 2016 goal was to get a driving license but as you can see I failed at reaching it. I’ve been postponing it for the longest time. Partly because I am petrified and partly because I didn’t find the right time. Basically, I am a big cry baby who is scared of the idea of driving a car. I need to get over it and do it this year. In fact, I am going to do it this spring. Period.
- Go to at least 2 countries I haven’t been to. I set my goal to travel more last year, and I think I did quite well with it, I had so many trips in 2016, and I want to widen the circle of places I’ve been to more. I’ll be happy if I’ll manage to travel to 2 new countries I haven’t been to before. Does anyone want to invite me?
- Set aside 10 euros every week. I learned from my mistake, simply writing down ‘save money’ as a goal doesn’t really work, you need to tell yourself exactly how you are going to do that. If I’ll set aside 10 euros every week for a year, at the end of 2017 I’ll have 520 euros. That’s a nice amount of money for some trips in 2018 or a bit of money for my future flat’s rent.
- Take few online courses. I love the idea of improving your knowledge and learning new things or techniques, that’s why I want to take few online courses in 2017. Maybe a photoshop course or a web design one. Udemy has a huge sale going on right now on online courses, there are discounts up to -95%! I will try to snag few for myself. This is not a sponsored post, by the way. I genuinely wanted to share this information because I’m sure lots of you will find it useful.
- Find time for writing. I love writing short stories, creating scenarios in my head and planning plots for a storyline. I used to write so much in the summer and whenever I got free time until I started blogging and school got tough. I hope to get back into that hobby this year just for the sake of my creativity and happiness. It’s one of the best ways I can express myself and my ideas.
What are your goals for 2017?