This post may include affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you click one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows this site to keep running.
Last weekend I participated in a trekking challenge that took place in Neringa, Lithuania, and it was the best and the worst thing ever. I decided to walk 50km distance in one day. I did it. But my legs gave up. I managed to finish the trek in 11 and a half hours which was quite a good record for me. I would be lying if I said that it was an easy walk. It took a lot of strength (mostly inner) and pain for me to complete those 5okm. I might do a post later about the whole experience and what I learned along the way.
But I did it and I’m really proud of myself that I didn’t pass out in the middle of it. So yay for that.
Also, Eurovision took part that weekend as well and I’m incredibly happy that Portugal won with a very beautiful song. It was a very fair win. What were you rooting for? I also liked Moldova, Austria and Bulgaria but Portugal was definitely my favourite. I still am not sure why a lot of people held Italy the winner till the final. I mean, the whole show was entertaining and all, the song was okayish (quite catchy) but it didn’t stand out to me. But each their own, I guess.
Speaking about music and whatnot, Harry Effing Styles released an album and slew my entire existence once again. I am in love with all the songs and I feel like this album is a real proof to all who doubted his abilities and talent. If you haven’t got a chance to listen to it (WHERE WERE YOU?!), go do it now! It’s amazing. I can’t stop listening to all of it but my favourites are Sign of The Times, From The Dining Table, Woman, Only Angel and Kiwi.
Seriously, can I already marry the man? He’s a perfection.
What else have I been up to? Oh, I hit another goal of 2017! I reached 300 followers on Pinterest. I can’t believe that I reached this goal, Pinterest is a difficult platform for me to grow my following but I managed to do it. Thank you to all of you who are following me on there and who enjoy the things that I pin. I will keep pinning, I promise!
Other than walking 50km, listening to Harry Styles non-stop and watching Eurovision, I’ve been slowly drowning in piles of all kinds of work. University got hectic as there are barely 2 weeks left and then it’s an exam session time and then summer holidays. This week I’ve been writing essays, doing presentations, reading books, articles and doing a lot of studying, and next week is going to be similar. I cannot wait till it’s all over and I can finally relax, travel a bit, have more free time, and get more time to work on the blog.
I’ve been neglecting social media for the same reason, so sorry for being this inactive. I promise that you won’t be able to get rid of me in the summer, I probably won’t be working and will try to make this blog my priority this summer. Wish me luck with that.
Things To Read:
- 8 Ways Technology Is Improving Your Health by Positive Health Wellness: a nice twist to all the negative aspects.
- Mental Illness and Why I Neglect Myself by Wix Meldrew: a serious and a very important post about mental illnesses.
- How To Have The Confidence To Wear Whatever You Flipping Want by Cynical Duchess: I think the title says it all.
- The Ultimate Guide To Being An Introvert by James Altucher: a nice read for all fellow introverts out there.
- How To Overcome Your Fear Of Sharing Your Blog With Friends And Family by Julia In Bluhm: super well-written article that I think a lot of bloggers should read.
- VIDEO: Lilly’s Singh’s Seven Bucks Moment: very inspirational true talk about depression and happiness.
- VIDEO: Things Are Changing by Will Darbyshire: 2 minutes of eye-pleasing visuals and inspiration.
What would you like to share with all of us?