This post may include affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you click one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows this site to keep running.
There is nothing better than a good vanilla cupcake with delicious buttercream frosting and a cup of tea on a fine Sunday morning. You may recognize these from my Instagram feed as I did bake them on the day of The Nerdy Me anniversary. My mouth starts to water just remembering the taste of these little pieces of sweetness. And since I am a good human being and at times a horrible blogger (it took me a month to write this, after all), I decided to share the recipe with you.
V A N I L L A C U P C A K E S (12 small, 9 big cupcakes)
I N G R E D I E N T S :
110g room temperature butter
110g caster sugar
110g self-raising flour
2 free-range eggs
1-2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
B U T T E R C R E A M I C I N G :
140g softened butter
280g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk
a few drops of food colouring
sprinkles of your choice
M E T H O D :
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare the tint with paper cases.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl till pale. Beat in the eggs one at time and stir in vanilla extract.
3. Fold in the flour with a large spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is dropping. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes until they become golden. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
5. For the buttercream, beat the butter in the large bowl until soft. Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
6. Add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk, adding more milk if needed, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
7. Add the food colouring of your choice and mix well.
8. Spoon the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe the icing using a spiralling motion onto the cupcakes in a large swirl. Add sprinkles!
And that’s it! You have amazing and super delicious fluffy cupcakes with a very sweet buttercream icing. I couldn’t stop eating these, seriously! And I’m not one with a sweet tooth. Let me know if you do try this recipe! I’d love to see your photos, so don’t forget to tag me.
What flavour cupcakes you like the most? Do you have a sweet tooth?
What are your plans for the weekend?