This post may include affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you click one. This is at no extra cost to you and allows this site to keep running.
Howdy, my friends!
I’m back here with two incredibly delicious and mouth watering snack recipes. I’ve already written a similar blog post on www.ahaskanukai.lt website as it was a collaboration with AHA brand. However, it’s all in Lithuanian. For those who aren’t familiar with AHA, it’s very popular Lithuanian cereal brand.
Their products are simply amazing. They offer many types of cereals, juices, snacks, chocolate eggs and other fun things. So when they reached out to me, I simply couldn’t say no.
Who says no to free food anyways?
Jokes aside, I’m a huge fan of AHA and I’m very happy that I got a chance to collaborate with them and create few recipes with their products.
Since I wrote a blog post on their website in Lithuanian, I decided to share the recipes with my worldwide audience as well. I know, I’m very thoughtful.
These recipes are perfect for breakfast or just as a mid-day snack. Plus, they are semi-healthy, very delicious and don’t take up much time to make. It’s a win-win situation.
I know that some of you won’t be able to purchase AHA products, so feel free to use different brands for these recipes. They will work just as well. I will include the alternatives in the recipes, so you don’t need to worry about it.
Before I get too carried away, here are three way of using cereal for breakfast or snacking:
Banana yoghurt popsicles with chocolate balls
These popsicles will not only keep you cool during hot days but they will be a perfect additive to your breakfast table.
- 1 Banana
- Drink yogurt
- AHA chocolate balls OR any chocolate balls cereal
- Popsicles forms
- Pour yoghurt into the forms just so it would cover the bottom.
- Cut banana into smaller pieces and put as much as you want into the forms as well.
- Pour more yoghurt into the forms until the top. Leave about 1cm from the top empty.
- Fill the left space with chocolate balls. Make sure all of them are covered at least a bit with yoghurt or they won’t stick.
- Put popsicles sticks in and freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
You can choose yoghurt according to your taste, I personally used simple natural flavoured yoghurt without any additives. Also, you can change banana into berries if you prefer them more.
TIP: When you’ll take popsicles out of the freezer, hold them in luke water for few seconds. This way you’ll get them out of the forms easily and without any problems.
Peanut Butter cereal bars
These bars will surprise even the smallest sweet tooth.
- 3 cups AHA honey rings OR cheerios
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 40 grams white chocolate
- Put honey and peanut butter into a pot and stir them on small heat until smooth mixture.
- Pour cereal into the mixture and mix everything up until all rings will be covered.
- Put baking paper into a higher tin and pour the mix in. Put a bit of pressure while forming a flat surface.
- Melt chocolate and pour it over the surface of the bake making fun patterns.
- Put the tin into a fridge for 2 or so hours. When frozen, cut into square bars and enjoy!
TIP: It’s important to press the mix evenly, so it won’t break when being cut. Also, these bars can appear too sweet for some, so if you like less sweetness, add less honey.
You can also change white chocolate into dark or milk one. Plus, you can use sprinkles for decoration and a mix of cereals for the whole recipe if you wish.
BONUS: Fun Yoghurt bowl
Originally, I only created 2 recipes for AHA but I decided to share another easy and fun way to use cereals for your breakfast. So, I represent you, Fun Yoghurt Bowl which will be loved by everyone.
- Any flavour yoghurt
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup cereal of your choice
- Pour in yoghurt into a bowl. As much as you want, my dear friend.
- Pour in your choice of cereal.
- Cut banana into smaller pieces and put them on top of your yoghurt bowl.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy your heavenly yoghurt bowl. The best thing about it is that you can improvise with it. Try berries instead of banana or try a mix of cereal instead of one type.
Basically, pour in yoghurt and add whatever you have in your cupboards. Simple and very delicious way to start a morning!
Pin this and share it with your friends!
What do you eat for breakfast?
Do you have any cereal recipes that I should try?
What’s your favourite cereal brand?