Ahh, the day of love and other related crap that people try to sell to you on every shop there is. Heart-shaped chocolate box. Heart-shaped cards. Heart-shaped pillows. Red roses with a little heart-shaped note. Big and small teddies with, of course, hearts in their fluffy hands. Basically, shit loads of hearts, chocolate, red colour, and fluffy things. Yes, Valentine’s Day is coming.
Some people, mostly happy couples, started getting ready for this special day months ago. They are probably thinking about the ways to celebrate it and make it as special as possible. Others, mostly single people, are dreading this day. They don’t want anything to do with Valentine’s day and whatever other fluffy nonsense.
There’re also those who might be single or might be in a relationship but simply do not give a flying eff about this day. That’s me. Valentine’s Day is just another day for us, nothing special, nothing too extraordinary.
But if you’re single and want to do something on this very special (read: deep sarcasm), I’ve got you! I made a list of things you could do on this amazing or not day. So grab a pen and a notebook, I’m about to give you such wonderful ideas that you will be amazed by my awesomeness at the end of this post.
Also, don’t forget to pin this post for a future reference and spread it around. We want to help all those singles, aren’t we?
- Take your other single friends out and have a huge party at your local bar. Don’t forget to exclude all those who’re mingled, they might ruin your evening with their non-stop cute couply things.
- Go watch Fifty Shades Darker in cinema alone or with your friends. At least your eyes will get some action…
- Dress up, do your makeup, hair like you would going out, and drink a beer while watching Friends With Benefits on your sofa.
- Throw a party with your friends (again, only single friends, no need to ruin the fun), and celebrate the fact that you don’t need to spend money on any heart-shaped chocolate box or an expensive gift that you would buy at the last minute.
- Go on an adventure with yourself. Pack some food and go visit that one place you always wanted.
- Put ‘self-pitying my existence‘ on your to-do list. Preferred a few times in a day.
- Rent a boyfriend or a girlfriend for a day. Treat yourself a bit, yo!
- Make it a spa day. Pamper yourself, make a hot bubble bath, add some bath salt, glitter, roses or whatever you have in it, take a glass of champagne or tea (whatever floats your boat, love), put on a face mask, and enjoy your single life.
- Binge watch your favourite tv show or few movies. Stay away from happily ever after, go for sad, tragic romance movies. Makes it feel so much better that we don’t need to go through all of that…
- Create Tinder and have some fun with other singles. You might not find your other half but I guarantee that you will be laughing your ass off at the end of the day. People can get really weird, let’s just say.
- Read a book about self-development or something along the lines of ‘how not to be bitter on Valentine’s day even though you’re very bitter and alone’.
- Take a big and cosy blanket, grab the biggest tube of ice cream, preferred chocolate chips one with lots of syrup, and watch the most popular romance movies while bawling your eyes out, and complaining about how they’re all happy, and you’re all alone, and a sad mess.
- Bake some cupcakes, a cake or cook a lasagne. Basically, busy yourself in the kitchen. Best therapy ever.
- Text your ex and tell him how you’re so happy that you’re over, and that you wish him a very happy flipping Valentine’s day with his new girlfriend. Tip: drink a bit of tequila before, it will open up your creativity.
Now isn’t this the best list you have ever laid your eyes on?!
But with all seriousness, don’t feel like you need to have a better half to celebrate Valentine’s Day. I’m sure all of you have few people in your life that you love and are grateful for their existence. Be it your best friend, just friend, mother, father, sister, brother, cousin, cat, dog. You can spend this day with anyone who makes you feel happy and loved.
Also, don’t feel obligated to celebrate this day if you don’t feel like it. It’s just another day after all. You certainly don’t need to be bitter about this day or feel lonely just because you so happen to be single and not mingled. Like I mentioned, you have wonderful people in your life, so why not dedicate this day for appreciating them?
I feel like I need to mention that this post was created to make you laugh or entertain you a bit. I hope it didn’t offend anyone, and if it did, hey! Don’t take things so seriously, being single isn’t the end of the world. It comes with a lot of benefits as well. So don’t mop around, go out, stay in, do whatever you want as long as it makes you feel good and happy.
If you need a bit of motivation or a little talk on why it’s okay to be single, I wrote Marriage, Motherhood and Life Goals | A bit of MotivSpiration and ‘This is Why You are Single’ | A bit of MotivSpiration for that. Read those and I’m sure you will feel much better about yourself if that’s the case.
Will you celebrate Valentine’s Day? If yes, how?