So, how have you been? It‘s been a while since the last weekly finds post.
In that time I volunteered in a diploma ceremony of my university, also volunteered for a week in 13th World Congress of Semiotics and last week volunteered as a mentor in a business summer camp for kids. So you can say that I‘ve been busy alright.
Volunteering in all these events was a great experience and I met so many talented, inspiring and wonderful people. If you never volunteered, I highly recommend giving it a shot. Not only you‘ll make friends, have a new and hopefully wonderful experience but it‘ll also open up a lot of opportunities for you in the future.
Plus, it looks incredibly good on your CV, peeps.
In between of all of that voluntary work, I rode a hot air balloon and celebrated my parents‘ 20th wedding anniversary and my cat‘s 1st birthday.
Hot air balloon ride was always on my bucket list and I‘m so happy that I managed to tick it off of my list. It was such an amazing experience and I can only say that I fell in love with my hometown all over again. You can see by the photos why I find Kaunas so damned beautiful.
Amazing, isn‘t it?
Now I should probably apologise for not being as active on social media and blog but I don‘t regret spending more time for volunteering, relaxing and spending the time with my friends and family. Summer is a difficult time for blogging.
Bloggers, do you find summer a hard time to blog as well or is it just me?
Anyways, I just got back from Slovakia and it’s freaking gorgeous. We spent the first day hiking in the mountains and it was supposed to be a short, easy trail for the first day. But we probably picked out the shortest yet the hardest trail out of all.
My legs were in pain and all I wanted to do after the hike was sleep for hours. It was that tiring.
But I’ll talk more about all the hikes and Slovakia in the another blog post that I will most likely write this or next week. So keep your eyes open for that one!
Now, let’s talk about some of the findings of this month. Let’s start with few tv shows that I came across recently and became a tiny whiny bit obsessed about.
First, if you love a good comedy show, you need to check out The Last Man On Earth. It is freaking hilarious. It’s a bit cringy at times but it’s too good to not watch. I’m on a season 2 at the moment and it still manages to crack me up.
Another tv show that I started watching with my brother is The 100. If you’re a fan of science fiction, drama and action show, this one is for you. I’m loving it and I can’t imagine what it would be like if the world looked like it is portrayed in this show.
On the more exciting note, the #BloggersBlogAwards 2017 are open now! Yes, from now until the 30th of July you can nominate your favourite bloggers and blogs right here. Now I’d be super pleased and grateful if you nominated me and The Nerdy Me in Best Lifestyle Blog, Best Established Blog or Best BBA Blogger of the year categories.
Only if you want to, of course. But it would make my day if you spared few minutes in your day to give a vote for my blog.
But enough about me, I want to hear what you been up to. Leave a comment below and let’s talk!
- I Like Attention by The Simple Things: a truth about all of us.
- 13 Reasons Why You Absolutely Need To Have A Blog by Sophie Rosie: I couldn’t have summed up everything better.
- Podcast 22: Why Your Audience Isn’t Growing by Me & Orla: one of my favourite podcasts.
- 3 Days in Vienna Travel Guide by Helene in Between: if you ever find yourself in Vienna.
- Tools & Playlist of An Aspiring Author by Stories of a Telescope: for all the authors and writers out there.
- 10 Things I Learned From Working For Myself by The Anna Edit: blogger’s life summed up. Seriously.
- One Week Positivity Challenge by The Freckled Fox: something to consider trying out.
- Best Free Blogging Sites by Start A Blog 123: a comparison chart on finding the right blogging platform. If you want to create a successful food, fashion, or lifestyle blog, it’s important to know where to start!
What you’ve been up to? Have you nominated your favourites?
Any exciting happenings in your life?