The biggest horror for all the single people out there is coming. If you don’t know what it is a) you’re not single or b) you’re not single. It’s Valentine’s day! Just typing the name of it makes me shiver.
If you’ll be single on this Valentine’s day, I made an amazing list of 14 things you could do on that day. I know I’m awesome. Go on, read 14 Things To Do If You’re Single On Valentine’s Day and thank me later! But for now, let’s take a look at the list of 30 thoughts every single person has on Valentine’s Day that I created in collaboration with my personal life. This is going to be good, I promise you.
Don’t forget to pin this post, share it around and let me know if you have experienced these thoughts yourself. I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one. Am I?
- Ugh, again that damned Valentine’s day.
- Get your cute relationship out of my face.
- Why no one loves me? Am I that ugly?
- I don’t need a man/woman to feel complete. I’m my own person.
- But why am I still single? Come on, it’s not even funny anymore…
- SOMEONE LOVE ME FOR EFFS SAKE!
- I need a huge pack of ice cream and a good cry. Yup, that’s what I’m doing tonight.
- Really? You just have to make out in front of my face, don’t you?
- Even she got flowers! This is ridiculous. Why am I the only one who is single on this damned day?
- Looking on the bright side, I don’t need to spend money on anyone today. Hah, take that.
- Get a room, you freaks. Who even does PDA these days…
- Whatever, I don’t even care. This is only a mercantile day when people get to sell heart-shaped crap to lovesick teens.
- But isn’t it a day of love? Shouldn’t I get something from people who love me?
- “Mum, why don’t you love me? Where’s my Valentine’s card?”
- Oh, well. I’ll just spend my Valentine’s day with my best friend. I’m sure we both will have a lot of fun.
- “Oh, okay. So you’ll spend tonight with your new boyfriend? Okay, I understand.”
- This is such a BS. Since when does she have a boyfriend?
- I don’t even care anymore. I don’t need a Valentine to feel loved. I have food for that.
- Now thinking, how bad can arranged marriages be? At least you have someone to cuddle with at night.
- No, that would be horrible. I would rather be forever alone and a depressed mess.
- Oh, look! I’m already at that stage. That’s nice.
- Now I need to adopt more cats and I will be like on of those sad ladies from TV.
- Maybe I should just get Tinder or another dating app, maybe I’ll find someone.
- Nope. Crap. Delete delete delete. That was an awful idea.
- Relationships aren’t even for me anyway. I could never text back in time. I would get dumped on the first day for not replying.
- I should focus on my career and my education. Yes, that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to become a Bawse.
- Seriously, what’s wrong with me? I am funny (sometimes), I dress nicely (occasionally), I look kind of okay (debatable), so why am I single?
- If I see another couple holding hands in this damned building, I swear I will puke.
- Am I too picky? Naaaah, that guy/girl from last week didn’t know what Arctic Monkeys mean. How’s that possible?!
- Should I text my ex? I kind of liked him/her.
On the serious note, Valentine’s Day might sound depressing for us, single people, but let’s just enjoy it and forget about that lovey dovey crap that others might be promoting. It’s not about having the other half or having somebody special in your life. It’s about celebrating love in general. Spend the day with your family, friends, pets or simply alone (spoil yourself a bit! It can be quite fun too).
Let go of bitterness, of anger or of self-pity. You’re amazing and you’re strong. Having significant other is nice, I admit, but it doesn’t affect your happiness and worth as a person. I want to leave you with a quote I found by Bianca Sparacino. Let it speak to you.
“Be alone. Eat alone. Take yourself on dates. Sleep alone. In the midst of this, you will learn about yourself. You will grow. You will figure out what inspires you. You will curate your own dreams, your own beliefs, your own clarity. And when you do meet the person who makes your cells dance, you will be sure of it because you are sure of yourself.”
What thoughts do you have on Valentine’s Day?