It’s quite obvious that I really suck at making good pancakes. I don’t even care that it sounds ridiculous as it’s probably the easiest dish everyone can make – I just can’t do it. It either turns out tasting bland or way too sour or it looks horrible. It just never goes well with them pancakes and me. So, whenever I need or want to make pancakes I look up for a recipe and that’s the only way it works out for me. Yes, my life is sad like that… I google pancake recipes.
Anyways, I’ve been obsessed with this Jamie Oliver recipe for American pancakes! It is no secret that simply adore Jamie’s recipes and him as a person and this recipe makes me want to love his talent even more. You can eat these amazingly fluffy pancakes with bacon, maple syrup, jam, whatever makes your taste buds happy. Let’s get to the recipe already, shall we?
What you will need:
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 115g plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 140ml milk
- Pinch salt
2. Add flour, baking powder and milk to the yolks and mix it to the smooth thick batter.
3. Whisk whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks and fold it into the batter.
4. Heat a pan on a medium heat. Pour some of your batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until pancake turns golden and firm.
5. Serve with your chosen flavouring or sauce. Visit Jamie’s blog for some ideas!
Wasn’t it easy? It’s quick to make and tastes delicious as well. If you try this recipe out or already have, please, do share your experience and your way of serving these pancakes. x
What are your favourite pancakes recipe?